Saturday, October 4, 2008

Back in the saddle

Originally posted Friday, May 02, 2008

It is with great joy that I return to cycling. After what has felt like a couple of years off the bike (more like 3 months), therapy and the body's own healing mechanisms have progressed far enough for me to start training again. What better time than with the arrival of 3 new mountain bikes! Out with the old, in with the new. My quest for the next 24 hour finish starts now. It will be a long time before I get my 24 hour physique back, and will likely be Single Speeding some Texas races, and maybe even hopping into some expert races, but for the moment, I'm just happy to be back in the saddle.

1 comment:

CQ said...

It is really neat to read back on these and see how far you've come in such a short time with your therapy and strength. Not many people could have made it through the recovery this quickly nor could they have mentally made it through. It shows how much work you've put in to it.